Money Matters promotes financial responsibility and independence among Club members ages 13 to 18. Participants learn how to manage a checking account, create a budget, save and invest, start small businesses and pay for college.
- The Money Matters Facilitator’s Guide provides Club staff and volunteers with basic financial information and instructions for the small-group activities that are easy to implement.
- The fun, attractive Teen Personal Finance Guide contains practical tips and activities to help teens learn to balance a checkbook, create a budget and save and invest for college and retirement.
- The Money Matters website helps teens build their money management skills through interactive activities, games and tools such as a savings and financial aid calculator to help them plan for college.
- A recent evaluation of 1,600 teens from more than 100 Boys & Girls Clubs demonstrated the Money Matters program helped them become smarter about money. Youth showed improvement on 94% of survey questions asked before and after taking the program in their Club.
- The infographic “Building Teens’ Sense About Their Dollars” highlights findings from the evaluation and demonstrates that financial education programs do make a difference in preparing teens for their future.
- Download infographic
- View video success stories